Number of posts : 60
Age : 60
Home City : Nr Birmingham UK
Model and year : 1994 2.8 LWB Super Custom Limited campervan
Registration date : 2007-03-23
|Subject: How do I remove the tailgate latch? Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:11 pm|| |
I need to remove the latch on the rear tailgate but other than brute force I can't see how to remove the black plastic cover from the latch.
Can anyone advise me please?
Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05
|Subject: Re: How do I remove the tailgate latch? Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:56 am|| |
Can't help not done it (yet).
Number of posts : 9
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27
|Subject: Re: How do I remove the tailgate latch? Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:17 pm|| |
The little plastic cover on the latch itself can't be removed. (well it can, but that'll root it).
To remove the latch:
* Pull off the rear door interior panel (yank it off, sharply, working the ay around the edge)
* Peel enough of the clear plastic membrane off to access the light wire junction clip.
* Separate that junction.
* Unclip the metal bar/wire with the kink in it from the door handle mechanism (rotate that little white plastic thing).
* Remove the 3x 10mm bolts that hold the latch onto the door and slide the mechanism down and out.
* Crack a beer or boil the jug for a cuppa.
* Ponder the fact that the latch itself can't be taken apart
|Subject: Re: How do I remove the tailgate latch? Today at 1:02 pm|| |