Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

cambelt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kazcro1

Number of posts : 15
Home City : essex
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: cambelt   Sat 6 Feb 2010 - 11:08

hi everyone, wonder could anyone answer this question for me, when you have the cambelt renewed is it easy to do,or do you have to take a lot of things off to get to it .would be grateful for any help with this thanks kazcro1 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: cambelt   Sat 6 Feb 2010 - 13:54

I can only say that the guy that did mine wasnt too pleased when he had finished.Tight to work around and lots of knuckle left behind.Also cost me a cracked fan cowling.I remember both front seats being out when i called round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kazcro1

Number of posts : 15
Home City : essex
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: cambelt   Sat 6 Feb 2010 - 14:28

thanks for your reply will bear that in mind
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: cambelt   Sun 7 Feb 2010 - 10:49

Depends which engine.
Anything other than the 3.0 then yes it is a sepentine type belt and it is a florr pan out and all drive belts and fan blade and cowwling off to get at the cam belt covers before you start.
3.0 can be done without removing anything from the passenger side engine cover. Tensioner is a bit of a pain but otherwise straight forward.

Just get the timing marks lined up and job if fairly easy with normal tools. Only the crankshaft pulley bolt will be a pain on non 3.0 engines. Word of caution the fule pump will spring out off alignment once the belt os slack - remember to turn it back before putting the new belt under tension.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cambelt   

Back to top Go down

cambelt
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing) :: Members guides to fixing problems :: Members guides to fixing problems-
Jump to: