Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

New cambelt & Water pump

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bladderwort

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Cierp Gaud, Midi Pyrennes, France
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Super Custon EX 3litre Turbo automatic.
Twotone silver and gold
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: New cambelt & Water pump   Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:23 am

Hi All
Just some information to anyone who will be reaching the first 100,000km or 60,000miles.
I bought my SC 3litre automatic in 2005 with just 50,000 on the clock and the dealer had just changed the cambelt and oil etc.
Having now completed nearly 60,000miles and had 5 years use it was time for the belt to be changed again. So, I purchased the cambelt kit at 129, the tensioner at 54, new drive belts 3 No at 24, and because someone on the forum said its best to change the water pump as well, I purchased the pump at 140.

All ready to go, but I unfortunately I broke my wrist this summer and couldn't do it myself, so rang Setyres in Hastings to do it, using the parts I had purchased.
They quoted 3 hours work and the final bill was 164.(not bad)

As a matter of interest they removed the drivers seat and floor pan to do the job.

Bladderwort.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: New cambelt & Water pump   Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:32 pm

Drivers floor has to be removed to adjust alternator belts and better access to the water pump.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New cambelt & Water pump
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1