Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Rear Springs Replacements Available - Uprated.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Rear Springs Replacements Available - Uprated.   Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:39 am

Just though I'd pass on advice on my experience with uprated springs for my 4WD SC. For those with standard 4WD SC's you'll know the rear can squat down and start to wallow about with only a couple of hundred kilos in the back. CobraSprings here in New Zealand make a HUGE range of replacement springs, for more models of vehicle than you can shake a sway bar at. I installed their standard-ride-height sports springs for the SuperCustom 4WD and the difference is plainly astonishing. Can load 500 kgs in the rear and it drops only about 2cm and as a bonus: no more rolling in corners, it sits flat, no teetering or wobbling on sloped ground etc etc.. I cannot recommend them highly enough as an upgrade to the overall ride and handling for the SC! They cost me NZ$180 for the pair from the local retailer which is their standard price. Fairly easy to fit at home with axle stands, hydraulic jack and a couple of ratcheting straps to keep the axle lined up. To drop the old spring down and out, I found it much easier to remove the pin from the axle locating arm than to undo the shock. Took me about 3 hrs for the pair. Check out their manufacturing process vidoes on their website at http://cobrasprings.co.nz/ (Apologies if I've posted this before - don' think so - but just ran across my photos again) ..... just need to figure out loading photos... The first photo shows the replacement spring as shorter but these compressed to the exact same ride height. You can see the thicker diameter spring means MUCH reduced compression.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Rear Springs Replacements Available - Uprated.   Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:59 am

Pity they don't have stiffer torsion bars... wonder if they can make em?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rear Springs Replacements Available - Uprated.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1