Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Coolant pressure... can I ask for a few guinea pigs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Knowsley, Liverpool
Model and year : LH100G 1992 2.4 EFi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Coolant pressure... can I ask for a few guinea pigs?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:15 pm

I am wondering if the engine is pressurising the water jacket.

I feel the need for an experiment... well what do you expect from a chemist?

The top hose is getting quite hard after only a mile of driving, perhaps not even that. So far no water has been forced into the expansion tank. I have done a couple of 3 mile journeys and nothing out of the ordinary happened. I can squeeze the hose between my fingers about a quarter inch each side. I want to know if this is normal.

This is where you can become an experimenter. Can I ask you good people on this forum if you would drive a short distance from the engine being cold with the passenger seat up and give the hose a good squeeze and let me know how squigy it is? As I say I can squeeze mine a quarter inch after a short distance.

If anyone can do this and report here that would be great. Thanks

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Coolant pressure... can I ask for a few guinea pigs?   Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:14 am

if the radiator is full when cold and coolant leve is ok in the bottle everything is ok., No need to squeeze.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Coolant pressure... can I ask for a few guinea pigs?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1