Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Blowing a line fuse

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Blowing a line fuse   Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Since I had my van in the bodyshop an in line fuse keeps blowing. Coming out of the wiring loom from the ignition switch there's an orange wire leading into a 25 amp line fuse holder and the exit has a thin red and brown joined together.

The red goes down to the front bumper area and also has some effect on the electric windows because when the fuse blew the only way to lower the windows was with the door open. The brown wire goes up into an oval cutaway section between the inner and outer wing, under the dash.

When I removed the blown fuse an ohmeter showed a direct short to earth somewhere. I then snipped the brown cable to isolate it and the fuse doesn't blow. Very Happy

So - the problem lies somewhere in the brown wire going to earth somewhere. does anyone know what the brown wire does or have a similar line fuse under their dash? The fuse blowing episode also affects the split charge battery relay but I've checked and the brown wire at the relay isn't shorting to earth Crying or Very sad

I thought this inline fuse might have been an aftermarket fitment but the orange wire does seem to come out of the factory loom.

Its an LH129V semi hitop

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Blowing a line fuse
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1