Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

2.4TD EFI Engine Code 2L-TE Overheating Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LH100

Number of posts : 2
Home City : London
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: 2.4TD EFI Engine Code 2L-TE Overheating Problem   Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:49 pm

Hi,

I have a 2.4TD EFI Super Custom Limited
Engine Code 2L-TE
It was parked up for approx 2 Years and I put a battery on and she started straight away.
However, I noticed the Digital Temperature gauge jumping around from mid to hot so I changed the Temperature Sensor.
This helped a little, however it still would go to Hot suggesting that the Hiace was overheating and there was no hot air from the Heater Blower!
So I replaced the Thermostat and still same problem.
I ran the Hiace without the Thermostat and she didn't overheat and there was still no hot air from the heater blower!
I flushed the whole system and even flushed both front and back heater matrix with the garden hose, which had some dirty water!
I filled her up with 3litres of anti-freeze and water, ran her till she was hot and capped the radiator making sure she has no air locks.
However she still is overheating according to the Digital Temperature gauge! and I am still not getting hot air from the blower.
I have felt all the water hoses and matrix hoses and they are all hot enough, so she should give hot air into the cabin, but doesn't.
I don't think it is the headgasket as there is no water and oil mixing and she doesn't seem to lose water.

So can anyone help me solve this mystery?
Thanks and I look forward to your replies and ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: 2.4TD EFI Engine Code 2L-TE Overheating Problem   Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:23 am

If it isnt overheating it could just be the gauge.I have the same problem.As for heat in the cabin it could be that whatever controls the heat distribution isnt opening as it should be.Could be stiff after being stood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: 2.4TD EFI Engine Code 2L-TE Overheating Problem   Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:12 pm

Don't want to be doom and gloom but if it is not an airlock or control lever I would suspect a cracked head. Any smoke steam on start up?
There would be no oil/water mix as it is coolant into the cylinder(s).
Start engine and then remove pressure cap if you have a load of bubbles then it is a cracked head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chrisandhiace

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: 2.4TD EFI Engine Code 2L-TE Overheating Problem   Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:15 pm

Quote :
I filled her up with 3litres of anti-freeze and water,

I may be wrong...but the 'fuzzy' memory says 9.5ltrs + to fill the 3L..(2.4 should be sameish)....as I say..I may be wrong..someone else may want to comment.....
Did you drain the block too?...I'd test the concentration of the coolant
Re: the heater...look through the front grill...and up a bit...you should see the heater control valve....study it while someone plays with the heater controls...is heat getting to and through it?..does it seem to function ok?
I did read someone commenting that though it looks ok the flap in the valve can come adrift.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2.4TD EFI Engine Code 2L-TE Overheating Problem   Today at 1:56 pm

Back to top Go down

2.4TD EFI Engine Code 2L-TE Overheating Problem
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1