Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Sliding Door Goes nuts in hot weather!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
moogdrew
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 62
Home City : Melksham
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom Limited 2.8D (LH107)
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Sliding Door Goes nuts in hot weather!   Sun May 29, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi All - My sliding door has started playing up when it gets hot (ususually after its been in full sunlight for an hour or two).

When i shut it the electric closing mechanism goes nuts and cycles about 5 or 6 times and then sometimes stops in the wrong place so that i have to squeeze the door handle and release to let it sort its self out before the door will open again! - it works fine when its not been cooked in hot sunlight.

I presume this is due to the door expanding when hot and the mabey going out of sync with the door lock?.

Has any one else had this problem, and any ideas on how to adjust/fix it?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Goes nuts in hot weather!   Sun May 29, 2011 12:20 pm

You are probably right...
Maybe try some wd40 on the sliding switches and then ensure the contact surfaces are cleaned up...wire wool etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 100
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 92 Super Custom part time 4WD 2.8 3L auto
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Goes nuts in hot weather!   Sun May 29, 2011 4:14 pm

the electronic lock on my SC sliding door has malfunctioned a few times like yours. It was because the wireless lock (remote key entry) had to be reset for the sliding door> I did this by manually locking and unlocking the sliding door. Also once in cold weather the door would not shut at all. The locking mechanism was seized. So I put wd 40 on it and then greased it and held it in with a bungee tied around one of the headrests and and after a couple of hours it was fine.

Not sure if this helps as hot weather and sunlight was not the problem. However DRY cold weather was a factor in the lock seizing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
moogdrew
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Goes nuts in hot weather!   Tue May 31, 2011 10:28 am

Cheers for the replies - Will definatelly do the manual reset thing, and if it does it again I'll try it while its playing up to see if it will reset to a different position and still work when its cold - thanks for that.
Don't think anything is siezed and I keep the locks greased and the contacts clean so hopefuly it's not that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moogdrew
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Goes nuts in hot weather!   Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:40 pm

Finally found the problem - it turned in to a permenant fault a couple of weeks ago so i could find it properly.

There are two switches on the door lock for the final closing motor (one to tell it the doors just been shut and one to tell it that the motor has done its job (one revolution)) and a circuit board to run the system (toyota call it a relay) - there was no voltage going from the circuit board to the switch that tells the motor to stop after one revolution so the circuit board had stopped paying attention to the switch so it just kept going untill it timed out in any position it pleased!

The circit board is in a small black box on the back of the door catch so you have to take door card off and the catch out to change it but its quite an easy fix.

Circuit board (Relay) cost 47 from toyota.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Goes nuts in hot weather!   

Back to top Go down

Sliding Door Goes nuts in hot weather!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: