Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ericthered

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Brisbane
Registration date : 2011-05-30

PostSubject: Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32   Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:13 am

Hi Folks

My 1998 SC, 3lt Turbo, has just had it's fuel pump replaced/recon'ed. - Total Cost to-date $3,500.

Now it labours under start, with lots of white smoke when it starts, then runs very smoothly.

Glow pugs and injectors checked - No problem

There is now an Error Code 32 - Air Flow Meter Signal.

Any ideas as to what it means and how to repair it ?

Would it be causing the start problems and blue smoke on start ?

Thanks - Now been off the road for 6 weeks whilst the diesel mechanics flounder around - At my wits ends now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 63
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32   Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:43 am

Hi Eric,

In the manual found at http://www.scribd.com/doc/39007565/1kz-te
on page DI-12 this is described as
Injection pump correction resistor circuit fault.

As far as I know the Air flow sensor fault is for petrol vehicles using the OBD1 system.
Given that your pump has just been replaced/repaired they may have not replaced the wiring for this hence the instant fault. Maybe it's worth checking with them. i don't know if this problem can cause the white smoke however. ( It might do but I just don't know).

If I don't let my glow plugs run for 15 seconds when cold (now I'v found my newer manual which says to wait for the click under the dash) mine afterburns a lot of fuel (not burnt in the cylinder anyway) and I get a cloud of white smoke on startup. It seems there are two glow systems. One has the glow light showing for a varying period of time (seems to be older system) and on others the light only ever glows for a second but the glow time goes for about 15 seconds. It is here in another thread
http://hiace-super-custom.free-boards.net/t1795-how-long-for-glow-plug-light-to-be-on?highlight=glow+timer

Cheers, Dave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ericthered

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Brisbane
Registration date : 2011-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32   Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks mate - Will pass it onto the mechanic and see what he makes of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32   

Back to top Go down

Air Flow Meter Signal - OBD1 Code 32
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1