Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Super Custom camper - Servicing/Repairs and a red button

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Caijin

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Birmingham
Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Super Custom camper - Servicing/Repairs and a red button   Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi, I have just bought a 1994 2.8 auto diesel super custom camper.

The ad said it had done 49k miles yet the odometer states almost 100k that (and is currently broken/disconnected). Because of this, I want to get it serviced in case the seller has lied about anything else.

What sort of place should I be looking to take it to? I have a garage over the road from my house that I use for the car, but I am not sure whether i should take it to a "normal" garage or somewhere that deals with camper vans. There are a few things wrong that I assume any garage can fix (such as the broken/disconnected odometer/speedometer), but I also want a table installed that I'd imagine a normal garage wouldn't do.

What would you recommend? Use my normal garage for everything, use a garage that deals with camper vans for everything or mix and match (normal garage for normal jobs, camper van specific garage for the rest??

If you suggest I take it to a place that deals with camper vans, would you have any recommendations for the Midlands area (Birmingham/Tamworth).

I've got to grips with most of the gadgets and contraptions in there (and unfortunately found myself 300 miles from home on a campsite with a dead leisure battery), but there is a red button to the left of the steering wheel on the dash (sort of in between the ignition and the wheel), that I have no idea what it might be for, and clicking it on and off doesn't seem to do anything. Anyone have any idea what it might be?

Thanks for the help guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom camper - Servicing/Repairs and a red button   Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:08 pm

Do you have column gear shift?

Is this button the same size as the other switch in the dash?

Does it look like a factory fit or an aftermarket add on?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caijin

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom camper - Servicing/Repairs and a red button   Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:01 am

Hi thanks for the response. Yes the gear selector is a column shift.

I'd say the button is an aftermarket addon, but I'm really not sure. Here is a picture. Its the red switch above the ignition.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scrotes
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 24
Home City : Wellington. NZ.
Model and year : 1994 SC 3.0 TD 4WD. -most useful vehicle I've ever owned. Should have bought one years ago!
Registration date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom camper - Servicing/Repairs and a red button   Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:19 am

Mate don't push that, that's the button for the ejector seat! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caijin

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom camper - Servicing/Repairs and a red button   Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:09 pm

Hehe, that could come in handy if the missus is driving and an argument erupts: "THAT button is the cruise control, trust me!" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom camper - Servicing/Repairs and a red button   Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:17 pm

Aftermarket. Do you have a rear fog light switch?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caijin

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom camper - Servicing/Repairs and a red button   Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:05 am

It doesn't look like I've got any fog light switches at all. And clicking this button doesn't seem to have any affect on any lights anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom camper - Servicing/Repairs and a red button   Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:06 pm

Do you have a rear fog light fitted with a blown bulb? Does the switch light up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caijin

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom camper - Servicing/Repairs and a red button   Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:36 am

The switch doesn't light up but it could very well be that. The rear fog log is in a right state (duct taped up), so I wouldn't be surprised if the bulb was gone in it.
Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom camper - Servicing/Repairs and a red button   

Back to top Go down

Super Custom camper - Servicing/Repairs and a red button
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1