Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

4wd problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gillypoof

Number of posts : 6
Home City : brighton
Model and year : toyota hiace camper 2.8 4wd diesel auto
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: 4wd problem   Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:30 am

hi, i am about to get a mechanic to look at the 4wd on my 2.8 auto hiace camper.its a 1994 model.
i tried out the 4wd for the first time the other day. first i unlocked the front wheel hubs,then i pushed the button on the dash which did,nt light up.the second lever next to the gear select did,nt want to move.so i,m guessing i dont have functioning 4wd.
i was hoping there is a common check list to fix this.i would be happier to have some knowledge of what i could ask the mechanic to look at first.
any advice from members would be good.plus is there anything i can check myself first?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://greensquat@ntlworld.com
chrisandhiace

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: 4wd problem   Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Keep trying the 4wd switch every time the van stops...(dont have hubs locked or mess with levers)...things get sticky and sometimes it can come unstuck.
(The button neeeds exercise (vacuum actuation) to keep things free even if you never engage the 4wd fully)

Solenoid actuator (near a vacuum storage thing underneath....ensure its getting vacuum...get him to try bypassing it and engaging with a hand held vacuum pump.
If the solenoid is the problem the item is over 100
Back to top Go down
View user profile

4wd problem
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1