Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

newbie......first holiday, fuel consumption, realibility....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rawcraftwood

Number of posts : 4
Home City : port macquarie
Model and year : '95 super custom
Registration date : 2012-01-10

PostSubject: newbie......first holiday, fuel consumption, realibility....   Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi guys, Just saying g'day, and good to know you are there. Just bought my '95 SC before christmas for our first official family vacation....hopefully not grizwald style! We thought seeing as we were doing a 2500km round trip, we ought to not punish our 10 year old in the back of the volvo wagon staring haplessly at the car behind and get something more " fitting". I've had a good read of pretty much everthing on the site before heading off, but had full confidence in the SC due to owing an '89 hiace workvan for the past 6 years......and other than a battery and fuel pump ( it has 360kms and is abused by me daily ), it has performed flawlessly. As for the SC, well no guessing there either , it performed the same. Fuel consumption for those interested.... it is a '95 model, 150kms, 2 adults, 4 kids, full luggage and no trailer, both AC's on 90% of the time ( temperature was up to 39degs celcius outside ), at the worst was 12.2L/100km, with the best at 10.2L/100kms.....and averaging 11.2L/100kms. These figures were way better than when I initially drove the car home from sydney......but a good long run done it the world of good. 10.2L was achieved in both sydney driving and back up the highway to port on the speed limit all the way, with the 12.2L figure recorded when the gas pedal was depressed a bit harder for extended periods. As for that lovely temp needle which has a tendency to stay just below halfway......there it stayed.....and as the engine is not the 2.4 surf engine, and the van is made to carry 8 from the onset, I wasn't overly concerned with overheating, but did keep a close eye on things on the hot days. Enough for my first post. Will post some pics later on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
izzzzythedog
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 69
Home City : midlands
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: newbie......first holiday, fuel consumption, realibility....   Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:03 am

cool , being in the uk i hope one day to find a need to use aircon , ive heard of it you know but ive yet to break the ice that forms on the button to try it

ive just hit a new record myself , 309 k for 24.66 lt so call it 12.5 ks per liter , normally its about 7 !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: newbie......first holiday, fuel consumption, realibility....   Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Air con..mines always on...keeps the van windows dry inside in winter...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newbie......first holiday, fuel consumption, realibility....   

Back to top Go down

newbie......first holiday, fuel consumption, realibility....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1