Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Fuel milage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Fuel milage   Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:40 pm

30 M.P.G ...cor.ahhh let me guess you ran into the convoy of fuel protesters and hooked on to one of their big wagons Laughing oh aye and then had a hurricane lift you half the way home..just kidding you must have a light right foot he he .you didnt go in your slippers did ya Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: Fuel milage   Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:41 pm

..................either that or im gonna have to take these lead socks off Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BreadBin

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Fuel milage   Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:25 pm

I drove 1500 kms over 3 days last week, from cornwall to carlilse and back via wiltshire both ways and my average was about 28mpg. That was mostly motorway driving, empty on the way up but hurrying for some of it then heavily loaded most of the way back. I generally get around that unless i get stuck into a lot of town driving and then it's shockingly bad.
2.4 TD auto btw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abaddon
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Fuel milage   Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:49 pm

maximus wrote:
30 M.P.G ...cor.ahhh let me guess you ran into the convoy of fuel protesters and hooked on to one of their big wagons Laughing oh aye and then had a hurricane lift you half the way home..just kidding you must have a light right foot he he .you didnt go in your slippers did ya Razz

Probably about half of it I was rolling along 70+ mph... the rest just crusing along.
I really think a boost gauge would be handy for fuel economy... try and keep it off boost when crusing etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: Fuel milage   Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:18 am

just in the middle of trying to fit one but not to sure were to put gauge.probably door pillar or just above the dash
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bobby Dazzler

Number of posts : 14
Home City : North Wales
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Fuel milage   Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:57 pm

Just been on holiday touring Scotland in my 3L Super Custom Camper, did over 2700 miles and was getting between 28 - 30 mpg (30 on the motorways). I have added some Slick50 to the engine oil and it does seem to have helped.

On another subject, can anyone tell me what the red button is for in front of the gear lever (automatic).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jimsmim
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 188
Home City : paisley
Model and year : VW TRANSPORTER T5 LWB poptop camper
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Fuel milage   Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:33 am

just been to Cornwall from paisley in my 2.8 4x4 auto and recon I was getting around 28-30mpg and that was pulling a small trailer..... this is much higher than I expected or usually get ... the other the strange thing was that on the way down I kept it below 60mph whilst on the way back I was doing 60-70 mph and saw no marked drop in mpg.... scratch

t
Back to top Go down
View user profile
popoyn

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Fuel milage   Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:10 am

Bobby Dazzler wrote:
Just been on holiday touring Scotland in my 3L Super Custom Camper, did over 2700 miles and was getting between 28 - 30 mpg (30 on the motorways). I have added some Slick50 to the engine oil and it does seem to have helped.

On another subject, can anyone tell me what the red button is for in front of the gear lever (automatic).

If your engine is not running you have to push that red button if you want to move your gear lever. It is just an additional safety feature of the SC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bobby Dazzler

Number of posts : 14
Home City : North Wales
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Fuel milage   Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:00 pm

Hi popoyn,

Many thanks for this, no one had come up with this answer so I can now put them right. BD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zoochy
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Tropical Canada
Model and year : LH107G 1991
Registration date : 2007-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Fuel milage   Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:23 pm

Just back from a 1000 km (each way) trip and what a difference in economy.
On the way there I got about 13 L/100km or 22 miles/g on the way back I got about 9.5 L/100km or 30 miles / gallon.

The difference? On the way there I was loaded down w/ 3 people and about 230L of extra vege oil (200 lbs), drove an average of about 110km/hr, and I had a head wind for much of it. On the way back I was alone, only had enough extra oil to get me home (60L = 55lbs), drove and average of 95 km/hr, and had a tail wind for much of the trip.

So if you want good fuel economy, lighten your load, drive under 100 km/h, and drive at night when there is less wind (usually).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Fuel milage   Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:15 am

Just had my first fill in 1994 custom 3 l turbo. used 30 litres for the 300 k. Seeing as I live on a fair sized hill, Tamborine, I'm pleased with this. Would like to give the vegie oil a bash one day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Fuel milage   Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:30 am

Hi , 10 lt per 100 k , thats pretty good for a big van, is yours a 4x4 or 2wd ??
Be real carefull using bio diesel as the injector pumps on these EFI diesels dont like it and can give expensive problems down the track
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dale

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : Super Custom 4wd Limited 1995
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Fuel milage   Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:21 am

I have a 95' all wheel drive and recently tried Fitch Fuel Catalyst drop ins ( x6 ) and it has increased my range from 400km per tank to 440km, it has also increased power by about 10% I have put through 4 tanks of fuel and so far the fuel economy is slowly creeping up Fitch claim that some people are getting up to 30% greater fuel economy but I doubt whether this will be the case for me. Apparently after a couple of thousand km the catalyst will have cleaned the carbon from the engine and this may also allow better fuel economy. It is meant to decrease the amount of pollution coming out of the exhaust as well.
I am also thinking of putting some lockable hubs on the front wheels so that I can disengage drive to the front wheels. My mechanic says that the locking hubs from a Toyota Hilux 4x4 fit nicely he is suggesting a price of around $300 including parts. My wife drives a Peugeot 406 diesel 98' model and it gets 800km plus out of a tank, it certainly hurts when I fill up the Super Custom!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Fuel milage   Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:34 am

tritrade wrote:
Hi , 10 lt per 100 k , thats pretty good for a big van, is yours a 4x4 or 2wd ??
Be real carefull using bio diesel as the injector pumps on these EFI diesels dont like it and can give expensive problems down the track

A 2wd mate. The next fill wasn't as good but 3rd one coming up so fingers crossed Smile Tho to be honest it goes that well I don't really care that much as long as it stays within reason..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 102
Home City : Forster, NSW Australia.
Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Fuel milage   Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:39 am

The RWD SC is better on fuel than AWD. My wife has spoken to 2 other AWD owners who were both disappointed in the bad fuel economy, but ours is quite good. Doesn't seem to cost any more to run than our 4lt petrol falcon that the SC replaced would use, and the falcon was about 400Kg lighter.[/u]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel milage   

Back to top Go down

Fuel milage
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3