Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

1 wheel sticks out more than the other

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danielp01

Number of posts : 4
Home City : New Zealand
Model and year : 1995 Supercustom manuel

Registration date : 2012-07-06

PostSubject: 1 wheel sticks out more than the other   Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi all

New too this forum so please move if its in the wrong place.,

Right so i brought a 1995 manuel supercustom the other day it come on some 18x8 36 ofset fronts and 18x9 15 ofset rears with 225-40-18 tyres, the front sit mint but the right rear sits about 1cm out pass the guard as were the left sits flush. weird. it has compressed springs shortned shocks and custom made bump stops. hasent been in a crash that i no of. i will take some pictures too show. please help.

Cheers Daniel

left side

right side
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: 1 wheel sticks out more than the other   Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:33 pm

Is it the same when parked forward as it is when backed up into position? Sometimes things can look bad when a vehicle has been backed up but looks OK forward when the axle aligns itself........I'd check all tie bar and axle related bushes for wear.....accident damage another posibility........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: 1 wheel sticks out more than the other   Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:30 am

I'd take it in for a wheel alignment to check it all out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
izzzzythedog
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 69
Home City : midlands
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: 1 wheel sticks out more than the other   Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:56 pm

have you checked the off set on both wheels ?

id try also swopping them round ( front to back ) to see if it still does it , if so then it must have either the wrong axle fitted ( very unlikely ) or be damaged enough that the entire back end is on the piss ( also very unlikely

im thinking offset or theres a spacer you havnt spotted
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Camo

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Baldivis, Perth, Western Australia
Model and year : Jet Black 94 Super Custom 2WD 3.0ltr turbo deisel 2.5 inch high
flow exhaust with twin 4 inch tailpipes. Lowered 110mm all round
20 x 8.5 inch polished chrome wheels with 245/35R20 tyres
many electrical mods including high powered audio, reverse camera with rear view mirror monitor and remote electric sliding door
Registration date : 2014-02-17

PostSubject: Re: 1 wheel sticks out more than the other   Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:24 pm

if all the obvious things check out ok, I'd suspect your rear axle is pushed to one side because your van
is lowered. On the rear of the axle is a Panhard Rod, this is designed to stop the rear trailing arms from moving from left to fight when the rubber flexes, my Super Custom is lowered about 110mm in the rear riding on 20 x 8.5 wheels, I have a similar issue but as my wheel offset is negative they don't stick out past the wheel archs. Off roaders usually experience a similar thing when raising their vehicles. Aftermarket companies have made adjustable rods to overcome this but only for common vehicles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 wheel sticks out more than the other   

Back to top Go down

1 wheel sticks out more than the other
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1