Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

engine revs change with turning steeering wheel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
h20 gasser

Number of posts : 14
Home City : surrey bc canada
Model and year : 1991 SC 2,4td 2wd Running with HHO assist (less emissions/better economy)
Registration date : 2012-07-28

PostSubject: engine revs change with turning steeering wheel   Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:58 am

I have from time to time found that when I enter a turn the engine seems to labour. Recently entering an offramp it appeard that the engine was about to die and the steering appeared to be without the power assist. Quick reaction hitting the gas cleared the matter but it made me wonder. Other times I can make the engine run faster or slower by turning the steering wheel (while stationary)
Hope I explained that well enough
any comments
Back to top Go down
View user profile
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Knowsley, Liverpool
Model and year : LH100G 1992 2.4 EFi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: engine revs change with turning steeering wheel   Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:50 pm

weird- never heard of that before. check the power steering unit, for operation. The pulley is not seized and the belt is tight and not slipping, there fluid in there. i am sure this is where you will find the problem. if the fluid is low better check for leaks. cann't think what else it could be i hope this helps.

when the power steering is working properly and you turn the wheels when the car is stationary the engine revs do drop about 50rpm or so because if the resistance of the fluid being pumped round, this is normal. so it seems there is more resistance than there should be. thats why i think the problem lies here

the shift key needs waking uP...there we go!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

engine revs change with turning steeering wheel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1