Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Front Skylight

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spanner

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Engadine, Sydney, NSW
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom MB
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Front Skylight   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:52 pm

I had a not so good experience a few weeks ago. I was travelling at about 100K's per hour on the highway when there was an explosion above me and the sky began raining glass. I am not aware of there having been a flying rock thrown up by anoyther vehicle to result in the glass exploding - I believe it to have been caused by a sudden rush of air. The driver's window was open to about half way and the rear skylight was fully open. The vehicle/s behind me must have been hit by flying glass as it left a miriad of small scratches over much of my roof. Fortunately, I happened to be in Queensland at the time and that is the best state in Australia to obtain parts for 'grey' imports. I have no hesitation opening my front skylight - but only when I am parked! The replacement glass, from an auto parts dismantler, cost me $650.00. That is reason enough to not take any further risks with one skylight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Front Skylight
Page 1 of 1