Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Front Skylight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spanner

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Engadine, Sydney, NSW
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom MB
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Front Skylight   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:52 pm

I had a not so good experience a few weeks ago. I was travelling at about 100K's per hour on the highway when there was an explosion above me and the sky began raining glass. I am not aware of there having been a flying rock thrown up by anoyther vehicle to result in the glass exploding - I believe it to have been caused by a sudden rush of air. The driver's window was open to about half way and the rear skylight was fully open. The vehicle/s behind me must have been hit by flying glass as it left a miriad of small scratches over much of my roof. Fortunately, I happened to be in Queensland at the time and that is the best state in Australia to obtain parts for 'grey' imports. I have no hesitation opening my front skylight - but only when I am parked! The replacement glass, from an auto parts dismantler, cost me $650.00. That is reason enough to not take any further risks with one skylight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Front Skylight
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1