Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

11 blinks on the check engine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sliceofomeara

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Auckland
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: 11 blinks on the check engine   Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:22 pm

My "Check Engine" symbol comes on and blinks 11 times, pauses, and then blinks 11 times again.... Can I diagnose whats wrong by this? or do I need to get a mechanic to put a scan tool on it?

Van is a 1993 toyota hiace custom.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 994
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: 11 blinks on the check engine   Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:59 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dane
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 23
Home City : Hibberdene, KZN, South Africa
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hi Ace Super Custom 3L Turbo Diesel full time 4x4
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: 11 blinks on the check engine   Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:18 am

sliceofomeara wrote:
My "Check Engine" symbol comes on and blinks 11 times, pauses, and then blinks 11 times again.... Can I diagnose whats wrong by this? or do I need to get a mechanic to put a scan tool on it?

Van is a 1993 toyota hiace custom.

Cheers.

Hi:

11 - Switch sign: (Vehicle not in P or N or A/C on)
Not sensing one of these conditions - 11 blinks.
ensure A/C is OFF when doing the test !!!

Dane
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.artonly.co.za
sliceofomeara

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Auckland
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: 11 blinks on the check engine   Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:09 am

Thanks Dane and Dave,

However I haven't used the test and placed a jump wire between different terminals. I just starts blinking by itself after a few minutes? Does this mean the same thing? Also why would it blink when it shouldn't be in park or neutral when driving anyway. Also its never blinked before while the A/Cis on previously....

Any idea's?

Cheers,

Omeara.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dane
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 23
Home City : Hibberdene, KZN, South Africa
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hi Ace Super Custom 3L Turbo Diesel full time 4x4
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: 11 blinks on the check engine   Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:48 am

sliceofomeara wrote:
Thanks Dane and Dave,

However I haven't used the test and placed a jump wire between different terminals. I just starts blinking by itself after a few minutes? Does this mean the same thing? Also why would it blink when it shouldn't be in park or neutral when driving anyway. Also its never blinked before while the A/Cis on previously....

Any idea's?

Cheers,

Omeara.

Do this: Disconnect your battery for around 30 secs.

The Engine fault light should come on - and will STAY ON - only when there is a present fault condition under normal operating conditions - It should NOT blink UNLESS the test Terminals have been bridged for reading the codes.). If that fault condition clears, so will the engine warning light.
However, all previous fault conditions are stored in the computer (ECU) and when one then attempts to read a fault code by bridging the terminals, ALL previous faults will be shown by blinking of the light, in turn, with pauses between each, in the order they were stored. Therefor - the only way to clear stored faults is to disconnect the battery a while, then reconnect, bridge the test terminals, then switch on the ignition WITHOUT STARTING the vehicle, and all faults should now be cleared and only a steady blink should be present. Now start the engine and if there is a fault still present it will show and the light will blink in accordance with the fault codes as per:

http://hiace-super-custom.free-boards.net/t439-engine-managment-fault-codes-and-how-to-read-them?highlight=fault+codes

One cannot find a present fault whilst there are also previous faults stored in the ECU: therefor clear them first.

Hope this helps !!

Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.artonly.co.za
martinnz
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 34
Home City : Auckland, New Zealand
Model and year : Hiace Supercustom
2.4 EFI Turbo diesel
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: 11 blinks on the check engine   Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi sliceofomeara,

Did you ever get the fault sorted?

My Engine management light has also started blinking 11 times. The mechanic has looked at it and thinks it is the selector switch for the gear selection, or the ECU unit.

The strange thing is it flashes without the jumper on the diagnostic plug, even after resetting the alarms,

Also it flashes 11 times when it is in drive or Reverse, and 1 time when it is in park or neutral.

Any assistance will be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Martin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 11 blinks on the check engine   

Back to top Go down

11 blinks on the check engine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1