Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Central unlocking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
scholling

Number of posts : 2
Home City : st albans
Model and year : Toyota Hiace 1991 Campervan
Registration date : 2014-05-30

PostSubject: Central unlocking   Fri May 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Hello,
I have a 1991 campervan, and the central locking unlocks all doors, but will not lock centrally. When you go in all the doors unlock, but when you come out you have to manually lock everything. I have been told I need a solenoid, but thought I would check if that is the case - given all doors unlock? If I do need one - where do I get one?!!!!
Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Central unlocking   Sat May 31, 2014 11:18 am

Do you have a drivers door lock/unlock button? May just need cleaning?

or

Drivers door, remove the door card, at the top of the lock you will find 2 wires that connect to the key barrel, check both ends for a good connection. At one end, can be either, is a micro switch maybe just needs a clean, squirt of electrical cleaner or WD40 may help?

Let us know how you get on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scholling

Number of posts : 2
Home City : st albans
Model and year : Toyota Hiace 1991 Campervan
Registration date : 2014-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Central unlocking   Sat May 31, 2014 3:51 pm

ok I have checked a few things. The drivers door lock/unlock button has the same effect - just unlocks all doors but only locks the drivers side. All the buttons work manually. After reading this and a few you tube videos I decided to give it a go...

I have taken the door panel off. Will attach a picture when I figure out how. I cant get to the bit that attaches to the key barrel. I have had a go at unplugging the connection. Which at least stops it unlocking all doors - but not sure of any other effects yet?!

Cant manage to unscrew the screws at the end of the door to get the unit out, only got one out and scarted mangling the other screws so I stopped. So looks like I need to get a man in.  Sad Unless there is a tip to getting the screws out - I used a socket set with a philips bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Central unlocking   Sat May 31, 2014 5:57 pm

Steel screws and alloy housing plus 23 years = stuck in pretty good, as you have found. Impact driver should shift it.

However if the door switch does not lock doors it may well be the central locking unit, often found around the steering column.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Central unlocking   

Back to top Go down

Central unlocking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1