Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Sliding door will not open

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
iamjo

Number of posts : 1
Home City : london
Registration date : 2014-08-19

PostSubject: Sliding door will not open   Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi,
One of the kids was attempting to very slowly and weakly close the sliding door, they got it shut but it will no longer open!
The light on the dash board comes on to tell me there is a door open, I presume its the sliding door........... When I press the door open button next to the steering wheel it makes a very quiet umff noise but does nothing. I can not open the door manually either. Grrrrr
I'v tried brut force, got the inner panel off and have no idea what to do.
Advice please.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Sliding door will not open   Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:54 pm

Make sure the rear of the door is in and latched.
Try and open.
Still not moving, get inside and lie on the middle seats with your feet on the front of the door, with some one holding the handle in the open position give the door a sharp push with your feet.

Still not moving check it is unlocked using the key, the electrical contacts may not be engaged, and repeat above.

As you have the door card off, find the door lock motor and put 12v directly to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sliding door will not open
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1