Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Air Con is the big problem now!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jagged1
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 31
Home City : Cabangan, Philippines
Registration date : 2014-03-14

PostSubject: Air Con is the big problem now!   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:07 am

Finally got the van running after almost 3 weeks of waiting. Unfortunately I made the mistake of trusting my relatives to get a simple problem fixed before we returned to the Philippines for our 9 week vacation. Last year on the 4 hour trip down to Manila for our return trip to Canada, the belt to the AC compressor broke, so I asked my bro-in law to get it fixed before he came to pick us up this year. The van is only used for the time we are here. BIG MISTAKE! The mechanic that my brother in law chose would be better off working at a slaughterhouse than a garage! BUTCHER isn't the word for it! From a simple belt change it ended up with hundreds of dollars of parts switched here and there and he even fried the ECM! The last straw was when he handed my nephew the alternator that we had just replaced last year, with the wires cut off (it just plugs in) and said he thinks this is the problem!!!! Just to humor him, my nephew took the bus, ( a 3 hour round trip), to the nearest real shop that could test it, and as we already knew, there was nothing wrong with it. Back to the Butcher Shop. PUT the F'N THING BACK TOGETHER AND WE'LL BE COMING TO TOW IT HOME!!! Of course it wouldn't start now because he screwed the ECM!! My bro-in law had already paid the clown 5000P (about $140CDN) and another 5000P for parts, then 10000P for a used ECM! I put the ECM in today and she started right up, but now the AC doesn't work, no fan at any speed no light when you push the button, just the lights on the exterior/interior air intake. The fuse was burnt, we replaced it, still nothing. Jumpered the AC clutch and had instant hot and cold pipes, so that part works, really need a wiring diagram to see what else he screwed up. 1997 SC 2L-TE. Hope you enjoyed the story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Air Con is the big problem now!   Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:52 pm

Do you have climate control or manual system?

Although the pipes get hot and cold there may not be enough gas in it and the failsafe stops it operating.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jagged1
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 31
Home City : Cabangan, Philippines
Registration date : 2014-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Air Con is the big problem now!   Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:49 am

Traced all the wires back and found the relay that controls the ac clutch and condenser fan. This was hooked up to a manual thermostat under the dash, but was getting no power to it. Once I put power to it, everything started to work! Cold air!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air Con is the big problem now!   

Back to top Go down

Air Con is the big problem now!
Page 1 of 1