Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Solved - Fuel Injected engine will not idle.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ratty

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Newcastle
Registration date : 2014-08-13

PostSubject: Solved - Fuel Injected engine will not idle.   Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:35 pm

1998, Fuel Injected engine will not idle and stalls at low revs. - The solution

I recently encountered a problem with the engine stalling each time I took my foot off the accelerator and this was a serious problem driving an automatic.

The problem was the idle adjustment screw, a large screw on the top of the carburetor worked its way down (screwed in hard) thus cutting off the idle fuel supply. The problem was easily remedied by screwing the adjusting screw out to restore the correct idle speed.

The problem was though after a few days it worked its way back in. It did this a few times before I realised that the mechanism for holding it in the correct location was an "O" ring and that the ring had worn thin and was no longer capable of retaining the screw in position.

A simple fix of removing the screw and replacing the "O" ring (10 cents) then replacing the screw and resetting the idle cured the problem permanently, or at least until that "O" ring fails too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Solved - Fuel Injected engine will not idle.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1