Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Filter or Strainer

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Filter or Strainer   Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:57 pm

I have a new to me 1990 HiAce. Chassis LH107G. It only has 78,000KM on engine. Running great except I am leaking a bit of transmission fluid. 3-5 drops each day that it is driven. 99% of the time it shifts quietly and smooth although sometimes when it is hot it shifts at a different RPM. Maybe a throttle body cable adjustment is needed?.

To date I have changed all fluids and filters in the van but have not yet done the tranny. Wanted to do that this week but without a manual and after several hours of web searches I am not sure if I need both a gasket and filter or is does this van have a strainer that can be cleaned. Don't want to tear into it before I have the parts needed to finish the job.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Filter or Strainer   Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:41 pm

My 1994 one had a strainer, gasket was sealant so that is what I used.
Not much to clean out and probably could have not bothered, but you don't know until you look.

Have you changed the fluid?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Filter or Strainer   Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:00 am

I changed the fluid today Clive. Didn't mess with the filter. I'll report back in a few days after getting some drive time. Thanks for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Filter or Strainer   Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:55 pm

Fingers crossed.
Just noticed where you are, hope you have a heated garage to work in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Filter or Strainer   

Back to top Go down

Filter or Strainer
Page 1 of 1