Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

1994 Super Custom Engine Identification

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cordillera

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Baguio
Model and year : 1992 Hi Ace Super Custom RH drive converted to left hand
Registration date : 2014-01-01

PostSubject: 1994 Super Custom Engine Identification   Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:42 pm

Are all engines the 2L-TE or are some a 3L. Just wondering. Also, thinking of swapping engine out for a 5L engine. Can get a good low miles used one installed for 130,000 pesos. (about 3300 USD). Any thoughts? Cautions? Also, 4x4 wont engage, and thinking its a sticky solenoid..where is it located on the tranny?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Central Scotland
Model and year : 94 2.8 Noppo HiTop Super-Long
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: 1994 Super Custom Engine Identification   Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:33 pm

I'd guess the engines depend on the market. In the uk most official sales seem to have been 2Ls but a fair number of 3L (2.8l n/a) have been imported.

I don't know enough to advise on swaps.

There's a solenoid that engages the 4wd under the cab. I remember seeing a post under the forum section for passing on knowledge about repairing it that would probably help. Should be able to find it by doing a search for "solenoid" O would think?

Cheers,
W.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Central Scotland
Model and year : 94 2.8 Noppo HiTop Super-Long
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: 1994 Super Custom Engine Identification   Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:20 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: 1994 Super Custom Engine Identification   Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Not sure but I think the E in the engine type means electric controlled injection. Using a bigger engine will need the ECU and maybe the loom changing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1994 Super Custom Engine Identification   

Back to top Go down

1994 Super Custom Engine Identification
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1