Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Has anyone looked at the Grand Hiace ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1116
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Has anyone looked at the Grand Hiace ?   Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:05 am

Hey Forum people..
I am considering swapping back to a Hiace and have seen a few of the Grand Hiace models locally..
3.4 v6 petrol I think.. Has anyone any knowledge of these ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hiace-super-custom.free-boards.net
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 460
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone looked at the Grand Hiace ?   Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:50 am

Hey!

Those are also called the Toyota Granvia. The 3.4 v6 is the 5VZ engine, which should drive nicely. Basically it is the larger version of the 3.0 v6 found in Camry in the nineties.
It is not an engine with a lot of torque like a turbo diesel, but it wants to rev more and has an output of 190bhp, which is the most powerful Hiace. (not taking the older special V8 ambulance into account)
But I guess it would take quite some fuel.

They also came with different engines (like the known 3.0 turbodiesel) but also a 2.7 litre 4 cilinder petrol engine which has more torque than the 3.4 v6

The interiors are usually pretty luxurious.
And I think they are all rear-wheel drive, no 4wd models but I'm not sure.
There were 4wd models of the basic version of this model in Europe, they were fulltime 4wd. Not parttime with low-gearing like the older Super Custom.
That Hiace body style is actually very common in Europe, however, not with those engines and not with those luxury interiors.

Here is a bit info on wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_HiAce#H100

I guess they should be cheap and reliable to run, but fuel cost would be relatively high.
Here in the Netherlands I rarely see those luxury Granvia models as they are always RHD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1116
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone looked at the Grand Hiace ?   Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:18 pm

Thanks for the info.. Ive seen some models labelled as Granvia's .. It was a toss up when first looking between the Granvia or the super custom and the Super Custom one.. This is the newer shape ones thats are coming ito the u.k.
There is a garage workshop in walking distance to me so I think I will check it out.
They have camping Hiaces as well.. Time for some forum discount methinks Wink
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Grand-Hiace-3-4i-V6-Auto-/381314143288?hash=item58c8181438:g:jV0AAOSwDNdVk6eg
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hiace-super-custom.free-boards.net
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone looked at the Grand Hiace ?   Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:56 pm

Updated Granvia/Regius. The latest Grand Hiace has more of a curved bullnose type front.
What about an Alphard?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 449
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone looked at the Grand Hiace ?   Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:46 pm

The Granvia is the same at the back as the box-van Hiace, but shorter as the driver seats are further back.
It all depends upon the usage I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone looked at the Grand Hiace ?   

Back to top Go down

Has anyone looked at the Grand Hiace ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1