Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Water pump issue? - posted here by accident, please delete

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ryank
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 97
Home City : Devon
Registration date : 2016-10-05

PostSubject: Water pump issue? - posted here by accident, please delete   Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:09 am

Please delete this post - I posted to the info section by accident, and have recreated this post under the main grease monkey section.

TLDR:
Problem 1 - Water pump seems to stay on continuously
Problem 2 - no water from hot tap

I'll admit I know nothing about the water system in my van.  When I turn on the pump at the main control switch the pump comes on and doesn't seem to turn off.  It used to make a kind of whirring noise when I switched it on and then would stop, but now it seems to do it continuously whenever I have the pump switch turned on.

When I turn the cold tap, it doesn't sputter or anything, water comes out straight away.  Do you know what may be causing the pump to keep priming, or whatever it is it's doing?

Possibly related, when I turn on the hot water tap, no water at all comes out, same with the shower. It doesn't sputter or anything, nothing at all seems to happen. Even pump doesn't seem to change tone, like it does when the cold tap is on.

As for the heating system, I believe it's a combination heater and hot water heater, although other than the actual air heater unit (pic below) I can't find a water heater.  The air heater runs off butane, so I'm guessing it runs the water heater unit wherever that is.  I believe the gas bottle may be empty though, as I can't get the heater to ignite either.  I'm currently in spain, so I've ordered a replacement valve so I can use one of the spanish style butane bottles.   Would no gas cause no water at all to come out?

Thanks guys (and gals)!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Water pump issue? - posted here by accident, please delete
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1