Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

jpcarparts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 988
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: jpcarparts   Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:22 am

G'Day all
just to let you all know I have started to use jp-carparts.com.jp for parts from japan they have a complete parts listing and are so far very easy to communicate with.
Give them the part no that you require and and the next working day they will email if it still available order and bingo it's on it's way.
cheers dave:cheers:

Last edited by ruffnut on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 419
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: jpcarparts   Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Nice. But did you actually already received some parts? And are they in original Toyota packaging?

Also, I think you mean http://jp-carparts.com/ right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: jpcarparts   Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:06 am

G'day
Yes they are original Toyota parts and no I haven't received them yet.
Also yes that is the web site. I ordered parts on Saturday email received Sunday that parts were available and that they would be sent on Tuesday due to a public holiday on Monday ,email received Tuesday say parts are on their way with tracking no, So Far no complaints. Will update when they arrive
Cheers Dave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: jpcarparts   Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:46 am

G'day all
well parts have arrived and they are genuine Toyota parts. All the rear bushes plus other sundries,4 days since ordered so very happy with the service tracked and very well packed.
Now to fit them bugger.
cheers Dave cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 403
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: jpcarparts   Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:30 am

Sounds good, sometimes original parts are the best as at least you know what you are getting.
BTW I looked on the back of my new Toyota brake pads (ordered from a Toyota dealer), they are made in France LOL.

PS: to fit rear bushes people go on about using soap or washing up liquid, don't, use Plumbers Silicon Grease instead as it will both protect the rubber AND displaces water like almost nothing else. I use that for all rubber items now - including when rebuilding brake calipers, it's great stuff. Wear those blue nitrile gloves as it's difficult to wash off...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: jpcarparts   Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:58 am

I find it easier to go to my local auto shop for disc pads get them easy and half the price that toyota want. I have never used anything to put bushes in may be i've been lucky...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: jpcarparts   Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:06 pm

The 'Made in Japan' Tokico pads that came out of my Hiace were subtly different from the Toyota OE ones.

At the back of the pad is the backing plate, the new Toyota pads had formed the material into these holes so the backs were flush - locking the friction material in place - but I noticed the Tokino ones were just stuck on and relied on the glue only.

I don't think it's important but it was interesting to note. The main reason I went for Toyota here was to match the discs (all Toyota). For my Peugeot brakes for instance I buy all Pagid as it's much cheaper (16 for a front disc!!) and it works well.
In general however I buy the cheapest pattern part. Ironically I've found that sometimes the quality is better LOL. Having said that I'll probably go for Toyota antifreeze and thermostat when it's time.

My experience of rubber bushes is usually a large grippy rubber item needs pressing into a small hole LOL, the last was some sway bar bushes in a BMW, had to use copious grease and a jack to ease those in! One gets a feeling of victory when the bolts finally done up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: jpcarparts   Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:43 pm

Is this the same JPcarparts that you are using?

http://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partlist.php?maker=toyota&type=711140&cartype=136&fig=4802

As they seem to have useful stuff but the URL is different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: jpcarparts   Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:45 am

Hi
Yes that's the site.
Ilike it because they give you the price on the site in us dollars so you know what you are up for where as i have found that if you go to toyota they tell you the price when you go to pick them up, and it can be a wallet killer. (LOL)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jpcarparts   

Back to top Go down

jpcarparts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Anything for sale or needed. (for the super custom blah blah) :: I need ...-
Jump to: