Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Veg oil

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JT69
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 75
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Veg oil   Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:28 am

After much research and experimentation I have concluded that veg oil in any diesel is a big no no hears why first a scientific study back in the eighties ran several diesels on it tested them to destruction they lasted 1/3 to 1/2 as long as proper diesel this is well documented on the web.
Second if you can obtain a good supply of used oil it has to be free there is so much time effort and equipment plus disposing of waste fats etc any thing you pay for oil would negate the end benefit.
Third in the Uk although it is legal to use veg oil one would need a waste carriers licence and issue paperwork on each collection I have looked at this it is lengthy and very comprehensive, adding to time and cost.
And last but not least please watch this https://youtu.be/YyFXUYN_1QU there are many more on there.
So those who have converted be aware, I value my SC far too much to take the risk .Bus
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Veg oil
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: