Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

EGR on 1KZTE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JT69
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 60
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: EGR on 1KZTE   Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:53 am

Is there any benefit after blanking of the EGR valve I am thinking just take vacuum pipe of and plug it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 449
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: EGR on 1KZTE   Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:11 pm

Not sure about the MOT test for NO/NO2, IIRC it opens at mid load and mid revs only.

Their drawback is they coat the inlet manifold with huge gobs of gunge which restricts the inlet flow and need cleaning out manually or with aggressive chemicals now and again. This is because the gunk and turbo blowby oil accumulates there instead of all going down the exhaust pipe.

Turbos will have some blowby of oil on the inlet too but I think that's a bit cleaner, the EGR muck I've cleaned out (of a TD Peugeot) is jet black and appears to be a mix of soot and half burnt oil.

The alternate to the EGR is the Adblue but I think engines have to be designed with that in mind and still need particulate filters. The real solution is a petrol engine of course, but like me we've both got a large diesel Very Happy.

I have the same issue as you BTW, and the EGR is handily tucked right at the back of the opening too.

So for blocking the EGR via the vacuum control:

1) Less muck coating the engine
2) More pollution - mainly a problem in crowded town etc.

So you may wish to consider the context of use before blocking it. I'll probably just give mine a good clean at some point.

Wear nitrile gloves if you clean this stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL1i4qKGcM8
Back to top Go down
View user profile

EGR on 1KZTE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: