Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

REAR SUNROOF WON'T CLOSE - AN OLD TOPIC - BUT NO NEW ANSWERS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jen's car

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Melbourne
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom 1KZH turbo diesel auto Japanese import to Oz. The escape machine, just getting started with it, few things I don't understand or can't do myself.
Registration date : 2017-09-17

PostSubject: REAR SUNROOF WON'T CLOSE - AN OLD TOPIC - BUT NO NEW ANSWERS   Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:55 pm

Please help me. My back rear moon roof/sunroof thingy with the two windows won't close. It is stuck open, can't even close the little indoor blinds on it. I don't know i even got it open in the first place except that we did play with those switches under the rearview mirror thinking they were for the middle sunroof. Anyway, the lock is def OFF but they won't close, and i can't wash the van! As well, of course, weather will get in. There are two switches with that lock, I don't even know what they do really cos they sure don't work that moon roof. Is there a way to close it manually?

The book/manual says nothing - 1993 super custom japanese import to australia (I was on here as jgls but could not log in under that, why I do not know)

If anyone has ANY ideas please please please spell it out really basically and in layman's terms, you're talking to a 56 year old female pleb here! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 529
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: REAR SUNROOF WON'T CLOSE - AN OLD TOPIC - BUT NO NEW ANSWERS   Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:34 am

Hello again!

Didn't realise you were talking about the rear roof in my previous reply.
The blinds are pushed open as it opens so you won't be able to move them until it's closed.

Two buttons at the front near the mirror and repeated at the the middle light control both roofs so you can control them both from the front or back.

First you need to positively identify the button that controls it. That will be the roof button that has no effect on the middle roof: there are only 2 buttons and 2 roofs.

Then I'd suggest you jiggle it a little and see if it opens or closes a little bit, I don't think it's a particularly complex mechanism as it only tilts: no slide.

I haven't looked much at that roof but I suspect manual closing would involve dropping the motor (freeing the cable). If you do this bear in mind the motor memory (there's gears and switches) will still think it's up so you'll need to match up the position to the roof when the motor is re-fitted. You can do this by playing with the motor as it stops when up or down.

Keep us updated - it's a potential fault for all of us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

REAR SUNROOF WON'T CLOSE - AN OLD TOPIC - BUT NO NEW ANSWERS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1