Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Water Damage on 95 Lwb Composer (2.8 auto)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Irish Composer

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Dublin
Registration date : 2017-10-30

PostSubject: Water Damage on 95 Lwb Composer (2.8 auto)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:12 am

Can anyone help to find the source of the water damaging the flooring on the opposite side of the sliding door. I've just had to repair the rear heating pipes under chassis but suspect it could be the rear radiator. The problem is I have a passenger seat sitting right up at the fan unit where I suspect the water maybe coming from. Also under that seat is where all the leisure battery and external power comes in. Before rip everything out, anyone else had this. Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 532
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Water Damage on 95 Lwb Composer (2.8 auto)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:00 am

Well if you can identify if it is coolant (maybe it leaves strange colors) then I guess your theory could be correct.

Did you put on a garden hose on the windows there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Irish Composer

PostSubject: Re: Water Damage on 95 Lwb Composer (2.8 auto)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:15 am

Hi Hiace4wd,
Yes I cleared it yesterday and made sure all the weeping holes were clear. Also cleared the rubbers around the windows. I've taken the inside panel off where the window is and checked for water running down. Where the heat blower is it seems to be worse either side. Just wondering if I close off the slider to cold air this would stop the circulation around the radiator. All is sealed underneath and I've just had to replace the 2 steel rods running from the cooling system. The garage retro fitted tubing and the camper seems to hold temperature OK now without over heating. One of the rods had sprung a leak and so they changed and replaced coolant etc.
Going to check the water levels today and give it a run. The problem is access to the fan and radiator due to the seat. I can't get to 1 of the screws.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 532
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Water Damage on 95 Lwb Composer (2.8 auto)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:49 am

I don't know what kind of heater you have, but usually a manual slide will close the circulation. You should be able to notice the difference between a stepless slide and a switch (which has several steps)

But I think it might all be very specific to your camper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Irish Composer

PostSubject: Water Damage on 95 Lwb Composer (2.8 auto)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:19 am

yeah I've moved the slider across to cold. just dismantling the seat to get to the fan and radiator. I'm hoping it is the problem because it's a pain job.
The van is a 1995 Composer Hiace L/B DX (imported to the UK) now in Ireland. It's a vary rare one over here and having a nightmare for parts and stuff. Oh well the joys. I hope not to break more than I fix on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Irish Composer

PostSubject: Re: Water Damage on 95 Lwb Composer (2.8 auto)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:11 pm

Had to take seat apart and move all electrics. I wasn't the heater but leaking water from the side panel. Could also still be the windows. Problem now it's the only panel I can't get at without taking the whole thing apart. Also floor timbers are all rotten I the area of water. Last owners obviously forgot to mention this when selling! hope karma slaps them with a headache. So now need to find a dry place for it to stay for the winter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Irish Composer

PostSubject: Re: Water Damage on 95 Lwb Composer (2.8 auto)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:11 pm

Had to take seat apart and move all electrics. I wasn't the heater but leaking water from the side panel. Could also still be the windows. Problem now it's the only panel I can't get at without taking the whole thing apart. Also floor timbers are all rotten I the area of water. Last owners obviously forgot to mention this when selling! hope karma slaps them with a headache. So now need to find a dry place for it to stay for the winter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ace MM
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 37
Home City : California USA
Model and year : 1990 Super Custom 4WD Diesel LH107
Registration date : 2016-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Water Damage on 95 Lwb Composer (2.8 auto)   Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:41 pm

Irish Composer wrote:
I've just had to repair the rear heating pipes under chassis but suspect it could be the rear radiator.s
Not a camper, but
I also found corrosion in the pipes exposed.
I had to cut a corner off one as it developed a hole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water Damage on 95 Lwb Composer (2.8 auto)   

Back to top Go down

Water Damage on 95 Lwb Composer (2.8 auto)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1