Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

1995 overheating!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RJefferies94

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Sydney
Registration date : 2018-02-11

PostSubject: 1995 overheating!!!   Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:18 am

Hey everyone,

So I came to sunny Australia and bought a beautiful Toyota Hiace... or so I thought. First trip out of Sydney and we overheat on the motorway. So I ran a load of tests and had it looked at.. Block tested the head gasket - seemed fine. Replaced the thermostat as there wasnít one in there and replaced the water pump.

So next trip out of Sydney...overheats again!!!! Weíre fine running around the city but when I take it 100kmís per hour or more and drive for an extended period of time Iím met with this problem.

Now the previous owner said it had a brand new radiator as she had overheating problems but never produced the invoice so Iím thinking iíll Start by flushing the radiator and seeing if itís blocked or leaking and potentially test the head gasket again?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Cheers guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 598
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: 1995 overheating!!!   Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:29 pm

Sounds like blocked radiators TBH, with a new water pump in there. Good idea to give it a flush, or take a rad out and see how much water gets through it with a hosepipe.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RJefferies94

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Sydney
Registration date : 2018-02-11

PostSubject: Re: 1995 overheating!!!   Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:15 pm

No worries will give it a go Sunday. Thanks for the help, will keep you posted
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redcore4
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 28
Home City : Manchester
Model and year : super custom 2.4TD manual - 1992
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: 1995 overheating!!!   Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:32 am

Mine did this for a while - turned out that a tiny radiator hose leak was screwing it up - not enough to show low on water on the dash but enough that I had to watch the thermometer like a hawk on long trips and make sure I topped it up all the time. Once the radiator issues were sorted we had to change out the thermostat because it was full of gunk and was sticky, but after that it ran fine. (Well... for a couple of years, until I tried to run it without the radiator cap on by mistake, turns out you can only do that for around 12 miles before the head gasket blows on a 92 hiace. Who knew??)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1995 overheating!!!   

Back to top Go down

1995 overheating!!!
Page 1 of 1