Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace Super Custom Related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Super custom ltd electronic adjustable shocks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
moogdrew

Number of posts: 61
Home City: Melksham
Model and year: 1993 Hiace Super Custom Limited 2.8D (LH107)
Registration date: 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Super custom ltd electronic adjustable shocks   Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:37 pm

has any one changed the electronically adjustable shock absorbers on a 93 super custom ltd yet?
I just got a quote from Toyota for around 130 per shock!
I then decided to change just the rubbers to make sure it was the shocks, and they quoted me 117!
I figured that was a bit expensive for a long shot so i stuck some washers in between the rubbers to take up the slack and although it has improved matters i will need to change the shocks (At least its an easy job)

What i want to know is has any one found non dealer parts or even uk equivalent parts that are cheaper or found a dealer that has done a decent price?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robbo

Number of posts: 98
Home City: Sydney, Australia.
Registration date: 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Super custom ltd electronic adjustable shocks   Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:39 am

My 97 SC has had the shocks replaced before it came from Japan. I assume just to make it ride better as it only has 76,000 Km on it still. No idea what it had originally, but the replacements are KYB and it feels quite good. Firm but not too hard. Stops some of the excessive pitching it may normally do otherwise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abaddon

Number of posts: 41
Registration date: 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Super custom ltd electronic adjustable shocks   Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:23 am

moogdrew wrote:
has any one changed the electronically adjustable shock absorbers on a 93 super custom ltd yet?
I just got a quote from Toyota for around 130 per shock!
I then decided to change just the rubbers to make sure it was the shocks, and they quoted me 117!
I figured that was a bit expensive for a long shot so i stuck some washers in between the rubbers to take up the slack and although it has improved matters i will need to change the shocks (At least its an easy job)

What i want to know is has any one found non dealer parts or even uk equivalent parts that are cheaper or found a dealer that has done a decent price?

That seems a bit excessive... my experience with Toyota parts from Japan is that the price is OK... but you usually have to wait 3 weeks for it to be shipped over.

Try these guys:
http://www.autolines.co.uk/
I was going to get a price for some shocks myself as I'm getting a bit of wobble at speed... not excessive but i'm used to driving the MR2 Smile

If your interested we could perhaps organise a group buy and save on shipping costs... I know a guy that can buys heaps of parts in Japan and organise the shipping.

I was also looking at KYB's and I found the application guide and it said you need to order some extra toyota parts to replace the TEMS shocks... they must be brackets. Note with these shocks there is no TEMS... not that it's that impressive anyway hehe.

Also if you want to know if a UK models parts fit the SC... you can compare the part numbers of the UK EPC to the JPN EPC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abaddon

Number of posts: 41
Registration date: 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Super custom ltd electronic adjustable shocks   Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:14 pm

I looked the shock part numbers up in the EPC and came up with these numbers:

48511-29706 Front RH TEMS All
48511-29706 Front LH TEMS All
48531-80539 Rear RH TEMS 93-95
48531-80539 Rear LH TEMS 93-95

They are for my '94 SC (not limited)... not sure if they are different on the limited.

I've emailed that website above... see what they come up with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moogdrew

Number of posts: 61
Home City: Melksham
Model and year: 1993 Hiace Super Custom Limited 2.8D (LH107)
Registration date: 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Super custom ltd electronic adjustable shocks   Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:10 pm

Excellent cheers guys will keep watching would like to keep the tems if pos as it stops the nose dive after big speed ramps (which I've got a lot of round here)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Super custom ltd electronic adjustable shocks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1