Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Leaking centre moonroof - Super Custom

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
martinnz
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 34
Home City : Auckland, New Zealand
Model and year : Hiace Supercustom
2.4 EFI Turbo diesel
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Leaking centre moonroof - Super Custom   Sun May 11, 2008 11:50 pm

Hi there,

Can anyone help. My Super Custom centre moonroof has developed a leak. It seems to happen after the van has sat overnight during a heavy rain shower. I reverse the van off of the drive, down a dip, when a gush of water flows in from the back onto the seats. I have checked the front drain holes, and they work fine. Im guessing that there ar back drain holes, which I suspect are blocked (leaves or small twigs?).

My question is how do you get to the rear drain holes / pipes to unblock them. I do not have a Haynes manual, which would help - anyone know where to get one from in New Zealand?

Thanks

Martin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
martinnz
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 34
Home City : Auckland, New Zealand
Model and year : Hiace Supercustom
2.4 EFI Turbo diesel
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Leaking centre moonroof - Super Custom   Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:07 am

HI there,

Update on the leaking moonroof issue.

Apparently the moonroofs have 4 drain holes one in each corner.

The front moonroof (over the drivers seat) has 2 pipes that drain forward (down in front og the door pilar), and 2 that drain at the rear, these connect to the front drain pipes of the centre moonroof, and are routed down the back of the door pillar.

At the rear of the centre moonroof, the rear drain pipes drain along the roof, and are routed down behind the rear lights.

The very rear moonroon, has no drain pipes, as it drains directly onto the roof / bodywork.

As I suespected that my rear drain holes were blocked, I needed to get uder the roof lining.

This was achieved by removing the 2 very rear set belt mounts, removing the plastci trim. Removing the 2 roof handles, 2 rear curtain rails. After this the very rear moonroof actuation switch. by removing the 2 strip lights, i could gain access to the rooflining mounting screws The trim iside the very rear moonroof appatures was also removed. Once all of this was removed, I could release the velcro type strips at the very rear of the van and pull down the lining, where I could gain access to the two drain pipes. These are clear plastic, about 18mm dia. They are secured to the plastic drain vent by a spring clip which can be easily loosened.

There appeared to be no blockages, but upon blowing down the passenger side tube, it was toitally blocked. To unblock it, i connected a hose pipe to it (luckily the outside of teh hose pip was a good fit on the inside of the drain pipe. after a few seconds at full tap pressure, the pipe unblocked, and water was gushing under the van. once all of the pipes were reconnected and everything assembled, its now fine = now more niagra falls on the back seats!!

Not sure what blocked it, but I suspect it may have been the trees, as we have loads around aour section. We live next to the Waitakere ranges in New Zealand - which apparently is a rain forest - so that may explain it - twigs, leafs etc everywhere.

cheers

Martin

As I suspected the
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1116
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Leaking centre moonroof - Super Custom   Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:48 pm

Thanks for the info.. Hope you stay dry now flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hiace-super-custom.free-boards.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaking centre moonroof - Super Custom   

Back to top Go down

Leaking centre moonroof - Super Custom
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1