Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Insurance in oz

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
spannera

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Toowoomba Australia
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Insurance in oz   Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:12 am

I have found that Shannons will only touch insuring this vehicle only if you are a "vehicle enthusiast" with membership to a car club or similiar.

Suncorp will insure it, NRMA will insure it, Just Cars will insure it, FamousInsurance will insure it. Unfortunately at a premium for all of them, and with a higher excess than a standard vehicle.

Just cars will not let you pay monthly in the first year. Just cars also needs an immobiliser installed otherwise it will not be covered for theft.

I personally am going for Suncorp, only because of good history with payouts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VOZZA
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 150
Home City : SYDNEY
Model and year : 99 LIMITED 2000 UPDATE
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Insurance in oz   Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:59 am

If you have owned/restored classic cars or held a cams licence Shannons will insure you. I'm in that category as i used to race and am restoring an old ford at the moment so that got me across the line with them. Alternativly lets start a sydney super custom club!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
browneye

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Insurance in oz   Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:52 am

I have a 95 Super Custom and got it insured with Shannons, full comp inc fire and theft for about $850.

I had a 69 datsun 1000 which i had originally on shannons and then rung them when i bought the super custom to add it to my policy, it was no problems at all. so im not sure about how i would have gone with out having the datsun? but a few of my mates with other imports have shannons, you just need to pass the 'enthusiasts' test over the phone. Just harp on about how you love cars, have rebuilt heaps, have mates with shannons and imported the car ur self or something...

They are the best insurance company, not to mention one of the best all round companies I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. I have had 2 accidents in 3 years, both 100% not my fault, and they are awesome to deal with.

No - I do not work for shannons :-)
good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insurance in oz   

Back to top Go down

Insurance in oz
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Any good advice on Insurance / Parts ETC :: Insurance-
Jump to: