Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Air Conditioning problem Please Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cloughy

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Brisbane
Registration date : 2014-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Air Conditioning problem Please Help   Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:15 am

My compressor is blown and has to be replaced. Any suggestions of where to get a second hand one from and what sort of vehicle shares the same type? First quote wants to pull the whole car apart and clean all the pipework. Why don't these systems have a filter... even if you had to regas it would save a bundle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloughy

PostSubject: Re: Air Conditioning problem Please Help   Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:16 am

Oh an Mr Freeze I'll be in Newcastle next week and could run down to Sydney for a day or two if you want to have a look.
A mobile guy said I could grab one off ebay and do it myself and call him for a regas, sounds more reasonable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloughy

PostSubject: Re: Air Conditioning problem Please Help   Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:22 am

Still chasing what type of compressor I need to replace mine. Regas didn't work so compressor is next. Toyota claim no longer made. Next is to rip it out and try a rebuild or model match up. anyone already done this? Mine's a 94 model.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MalL
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 79
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Air Conditioning problem Please Help   Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:21 pm

Is Brendale too far for you Cloughy? My 1991 LH119 is having the compressor replaced at the moment by Natrad is South Pine Rd. I've always had very good service there. The manager said that three different types of compressor have been used in that model but is able to source them all.
Next problem was that the alloy pipes had been connected with steel nuts so broke when being removed necessitating new pipes being made. (by Natrad).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MalL
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 79
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Air Conditioning problem Please Help   Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:04 am

As an indication, cost of new compressor $640. Total work, inc new receiver drier, regas, pipe repairs, $1250.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air Conditioning problem Please Help   

Back to top Go down

Air Conditioning problem Please Help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2