Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Anybody tried adding remote central locking ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1116
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Anybody tried adding remote central locking ?   Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:24 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hiace-super-custom.free-boards.net
room101
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 90
Home City : Torbay
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Anybody tried adding remote central locking ?   Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:08 pm

Yep got one thats nearly the same..... fitted inside the drivers door...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
splatt4000

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Bath, UK
Model and year : 1995 2.8l 3L diesel engine Hiace Reimo high-top campervan - imported to UK.
Registration date : 2013-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Anybody tried adding remote central locking ?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:31 pm

I know this is an old thread, but if anyone's looking at doing this, I have just installed a kit in my Hiace camper and have taken a few pics showing where the actuators went (there are not many places they will go without interfering with the window).
All works well.
Sam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Anybody tried adding remote central locking ?   Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:24 am

Post them up or a link to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
splatt4000

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Bath, UK
Model and year : 1995 2.8l 3L diesel engine Hiace Reimo high-top campervan - imported to UK.
Registration date : 2013-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Anybody tried adding remote central locking ?   Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:46 pm

Here are some photos of the remote central locking I've recently fitted to my Hiace camper.

https://picasaweb.google.com/108921267386730652633/HiaceCamper

Hope it may help anyone looking to install something similar in theirs. There are not too many places you can mount the locking actuators without obstructing something.

For the sliding door, I bought a contact set which feeds the 12v from the door pillar to the sliding door.  I've not taken pics of the tailgate lock, but there are lots of options for fitting the actuator there. It's running the wires from the back that's the challenge!

Sam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grabhorn

Number of posts : 12
Home City : nsw
Registration date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Anybody tried adding remote central locking ?   Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:15 am

The photos are looking good I actually have a friend who might need this, if they are some problems I will post here again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rubythursday
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 42
Home City : York
Model and year : 1995 Super Custom 2.4 Petrol. Wellhouse Conversion
Registration date : 2014-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Anybody tried adding remote central locking ?   Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:20 am

Our HiAce has central locking, just not remote so presumably its quite easy to fit, won't need actuators?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tonysimons.me.uk
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Anybody tried adding remote central locking ?   Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:45 pm

Plenty of remote control box on ebay. Some even give you wiring diagrams to plug in in place/alongside of the toyota module.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rubythursday
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Anybody tried adding remote central locking ?   Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:10 pm

OK, fitted remote CL today. Did it all on the drivers door without even removing the door card, I did it all through the space after removing the window/lock switch panel, it just pulls out. I took the power from the door light, linked the lock and unlock wires to the green and free/black wire on the door switch and the ground from the white/black wire on the door switch. It the pushed down between the door card and panel and then replaced the window/door lock switch.
Back to top Go down
JT69
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 75
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Anybody tried adding remote central locking ?   Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:02 am

rubythursday wrote:
OK, fitted remote CL today. Did it all on the drivers door without even removing the door card, I did it all through the space after removing the window/lock switch panel, it just pulls out. I took the power from the door light, linked the lock and unlock wires to the green and free/black wire on the door switch and the ground from the white/black wire on the door switch. It the pushed down between the door card and panel and then replaced the window/door lock switch.

This is original post it does work but makes lock switch redundant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rubythursday
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Anybody tried adding remote central locking ?   Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:31 am

The lock switch still works on mine, everything functions as original
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody tried adding remote central locking ?   

Back to top Go down

Anybody tried adding remote central locking ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1