Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

egr

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
scooter
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 134
Home City : manchester uk
Model and year : 89 sc 2.4td
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: egr   Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:53 pm

has any body done it does it make a difference . and any body tried the washers on the turbo my 2.4 t is not quick seeing it sending me to sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: egr   Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:37 pm

not to sure if dieselbob did mine but i have read the links on the hilux forums saying its supposed to reduce heat around the head(apparently a problem on 2.4 2lte engine).have you tried driving with the overdrive button off and the power button on,this makes a bit of difference,after that,on top of the pump and to the right there is a nut with a wire runing to it.if you take the covering off to get to the nut and slacken it off you can get a bit more umph playing with it although you will suffer with less m.p.g.next you could try fitting an intercooler(haha just look at the space or lack of it) or just do what i did and fit a power module to your pump.sadly the last two cost money,intercooling done by a shop would probably top 400-500 this is why i close the power module.link to previous posts here http://hiace-super-custom.free-boards.net/grease-monkey-sorry-couldnt-resist-its-a-bf2142-thing-f1/need-more-power-t653.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: egr   Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:50 pm

I disabled mine (2.8 3L) some years ago after seeing the crap that was being sucked into the inlet.
At the time I 'thought' there was a very slight improvement in mpg and performance...can't give measurable results, but I'll leave it disabled Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 99
Home City : N.Ireland
Model and year : 3.0TD 4WD camper 1995
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: egr   Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:30 pm

I blocked mine yesterday, on 1KZ-TE, 3.0TD. I put a plate on at the exhaust end. The pipe runs behind the engine so had to remove the rear lid behind the engine, under the rear carpet. Once in there, it was pretty easy.

Afterwards I thought it would have been easier just to block the vacuum pipes on the valve. But I just have this urge to strip thing down!!

Didn't really notice a performance difference to be honest but I'll keep an eye on economy and see if it makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: egr   Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:19 pm

I blocked mine off as well 1KZ-TE , just stuck a screw in the vacuum hose and no more black exhaust going into inlet manifold
Back to top Go down
View user profile
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: egr   Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:35 am

Didnt think there was any point in doing this as the valve is open only when idling??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dwayne
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 21
Model and year : 1995 KZH106G

Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: egr   Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:32 am

Yeah thats right, valve is only open during idle. I checked this with a vacuum gauge as well. I didnt notice any difference with economy or power with mine disconnected so I put it back after awhile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: egr   

Back to top Go down

egr
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: