Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Sounds

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 475
Home City : Sydney
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 2000
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Sounds   Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:40 am

Has anyone replaced the front speakers, if so what's involved. Replacing the rears doesn't look too bad. Info appreciated.
Rex Arrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.werx.net.au
TSN.OOZ
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 106
Home City : East Corrimal
Model and year : '95 Super Custom Limited AWD 3L TD
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Sounds   Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:49 am

Still waiting for a reply Rex???
If so... there's a couple of screws to take the grills off,I think from memory the glove box has to come out to get to the left speaker but that's only another 2 screws.
Once off, the speakers are held in by only 2 screws on the diagonal sides, not four (one in each corner).You might have to cut the apposing corners off the new ones to have it bed in properly....
The tweeters are easy too....Door trim off....3 screws from behind the tweeter and she's out. Don't try to pull the grill off from the front!
Might be better to Drive the van into your local sound shop once you're that far so you can size up the new ones.
Speakers are like chicks... you may think it'll be a tight fit but if you get it home and the holes too big no one's happy!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: Sounds   Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:31 am

At my age getting home can be a problem forget all the other stuff...............
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1117
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Sounds   Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:57 pm

speak for yourself...I'd be happy with a visit to an 18hole golf course !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hiace-super-custom.free-boards.net
fhammer
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 24
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Sounds   Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:38 am

The front speakers were pretty easy to do (as per TSN.00Z's instructions), but I did have trouble getting speakers with grunt to fit the hole size.

I ended up with 40W being the maximum speaker in that size.

The speaker mounts are little plastic speaker boxes, presumably to add a bit of Bass to the small speakers, and I had to cut into the drivers side one (from memory) to get the new speakers to fit in to the mount shape of the speaker box, as they had different mounting lugs.

I also lined the part where the speaker mounts to the box with 3mm foam tape to prevent any buzzes & to seal the box up again.

I may even mount a little subwoofer somewhere under the centre console if I can find one small enough - just to get a bit more "doof" in my doof doof, as there's not much bass in the system.

As for the radio, I replaced mine ASAP as the only thing I could pick up was christian radio. After a few weeks of listening to that I was almost ready to circumsize myself! affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: Sounds   Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:47 am

Praise the lord!
Back to top Go down
MNC
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 101
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : 1996 SC LTD 3LDT
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Sounds   Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:11 am

4" size speakers for the front and the rear in near the headliner, im in the process of beefing up my system, nothing too radical but just enough to be pleasing on the ear......something like a subtle satisfying moan in th ear from a lusty young lass... :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sounds   

Back to top Go down

Sounds
Page 1 of 1